Tuesday 24 December 2013

It's not Christmas until you hear the Fairytale of New York

I've been trying really hard to get into the Christmas spirit for the last few weeks, I struggle in the warmth, not that it's been that warm lately.  Today has been fantastic though, cold enough for the fire and dark enough for the Christmas lights to be on. I only put the tree up yesterday though, but finally, we're ready for Christmas.

Part of my get into the Christmas spirit plan, has been to play lots of Christmas songs, my all time favourite is the Fairytale of New York, it always makes me feel like Christmas. I thought, being as it's Christmas Eve I'd give you my top five Christmas songs:

Five

Happy Christmas,war is over.  

I love this track, it seems an odd choice for a Christmas song. I remember a friend complaining a few years back that she couldn't go anywhere without hearing it one Christmas, but at least I always know that it's just around the corner when I start to hear it played.

Four

Stop the cavalry

As Christmas songs go, this isn't the most lively or jolly of tunes, but there's something that I just like about this.  It's possibly due to being able to relate to the idea of wishing I was home for Christmas, all be it for very different reasons.

Three

Peace on Earth/Little drummer boy

This is a beautiful song, it's one that I've decided that I love recently.  the two vocals together are just lovely though.

Two

I believe in Father Christmas

This song reminds me of being little, I remember Dad playing it on the record player at Christmas.  It's so magical and again another beautiful track, perfect for this time of year.

One

Fairytale of New York

And here it is, my number one Christmas song, the fairytale of New York.  I've loved this for years, and as I said before, this always makes me feel like Christmas and gets me into the festive mood.   

So there we have it, my top five songs, and seeing as I've now heard the fairytale of New York, it must be Christmas, so I hope that you all have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment