Tuesday 10 September 2013

Poorly sick

So far this winter, we haven't been suffering too much with the old coughs and colds and all everything else that usually does the rounds. Until, that is, about three weeks ago.  The most hedeous cough seems to have set up camp in various family members and is showing no signs of moving on.


Io had thought that we were getting to the end of it, everyone had had it, and all that seemed to be left was one of those annoying tickly coughs that strike just as you're drifting off to sleep, and I was the only one effected by that.  (Well almost, I was probably waking most of the family up too).  Then yesterday, I came back from a party with the girls (my kids have a much busier social life than I do) to find that Mahe just wasn't himself.


I checked his temperature and it was sitting at 39.5, a little too high for my liking.  It depends who you talk to, should you give them something to bring it down or not?  He was quite miserable with it, so I decided a dose of pamol was the best bet.  Unusually though, that did nothing, so a quick borrowed bottle of nuerofen later, and a bit of alternating, and it was finally down.


Of course, having four children, that's never the end of the story, and now big brother Kai also has the high temp and is feeling sorry for himself.  I'm hopeful it won't last long, and that the rest of us don't get it, but I'm not new to this....... Roll on summer and an end to the winter bugs!



No comments:

Post a Comment